When We Wake - YA Review by Katie J


Reader: Katie J
Age: 12
Title: When We Wake
Author: Karen Healey
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Pub Date: 03/05/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I didn't like this book.  I thought it was weird and it didn't make sense AT ALL!  It's pretty much about a girl who is killed at a protest, frozen, resurrected, and hunted.  She learns about a lot of meaningless things, such as the Ark Project and gets followed by the government, locked in cellars, and gets a boyfriend.
Memorable or Forgettable: I thought it was forgettable because the plot was weird and I didn't like it.
Cover: I thought the cover was cool. It sort of reflected the story but not a ton.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest

tags:  science fiction / dystopian / cryogenics / BFYA nominee / ya lit



No comments: