Scarlet - YA Review by Sophie D



Reader: Sophie D
Age: 17
Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Pub Date: 02/05/13
Galley: No
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I thought this book was the perfect sequel to Cinder. It was less predictable and less cliched, which I enjoyed. I also really appreciated the introduction of a new character and her own story line that eventually crossed with Cinder's. It added even more interesting elements to the series and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book.
Memorable or Forgettable: What was memorable for me was the creepy wolf cult that is made up of genetically modified people. It was a weird and weirdly original plot element, and added a lot of new dimensions to the futuristic world. I also appreciated that the plot twists were better thought out than they were in the previous book.
Cover: The cover is nice, but it lacked the originality that Cinder's cover had. I would have loved to see something more complex.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

tags: science fiction / fairy tale / Lunar Chronicles / ya lit




No comments: