The New Normal - YA Review by Claire W


Reader: Claire W
Age: 12
Title: The New Normal
Author: Ashley Little
Publisher: Orca Book Publishers
Pub Date: 03/01/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: You really learn a lot about Tamar and you see her grow throughout the book. There is not much dialogue but it is more than just hi.
Memorable or Forgettable: I had never read a book similar to this one.  I had read books about loss, but not this kind.
Cover: The title made me pick it up. I had heard of the TV show with the same name and I wanted to know if they connected.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal
Additional CommentsI loved it so much I read it in one sitting.
Annotation: The New Normal is about the life of a girl named Tamar. But at this moment in time everything is so far from normal. Her two twin sisters are gone forever and she is losing her hair.

tags:  alopecia / ya lit



No comments: