Prep School Confidential - YA Review by Claire W


Reader: Claire W
Age: 12
Title: Prep School Confidential
Author: Kara Taylor
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Pub Date: 07/30/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: At the beginning of the book I didn't like Anne at all - I thought she was a stuck up rich girl - but she grew in the book in a good way. I love mysteries but a lot of them aren't original.  This one was something I had never heard before. I wish we knew more about Anthony. He was important but you learn almost nothing about him.
Memorable or Forgettable: I have always wanted to go to a boarding school in Britain so I also enjoy reading about them. But the beginning was a little bit forgettable and I wish there was a test like she went to a school/convent or something similar.
Cover: Yes, the cover made me curious because it looked modern and cool.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity:  4P Broad general teen appeal
Annotation: Anne isn't a bad rich girl but that is how she comes across to other people after she almost burns down the gym at her old school. So her parents transfer her to a boarding school in Boston called Wheatley. In less than a week after being at Wheatley her roommate is murdered but the police have given up the case. Anne decides it is her job to find her roommate's murderer.

tags:  murder mystery / prep school / ya lit



No comments: