The Water Seeker

Reader: Maddie
Age: 16
Title: The Water Seeker
Author: Kimberly Willis Holt
Publisher: Henry Holt and Company
Pub Date: 2009
Galley: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: Read it!
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I really loved how the book dated back to settlement times and it really focused on the time the book was written. The book really based its entire detail and plot around it. I loved how the book had fact to it and yet the story had some form of unrealism, a characteristic of nonfiction.
Comments: I have never read a book like this. I could not put this book down I was so enveloped with it, yet the plot wasn't too crazy. I did enjoy how it subconsciously had an effect on me. The time frame was what made this book different than most.
Were you disappointed with the book: I was disappointed that it ended.
Cover: The book's cover was not a very huge appeal for me.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14-15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: