The Ask and the Answer

Reader: Maddie S
Age: 16
Title: The Ask and the Answer
Author: Patrick Ness
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Pub Date: 2009
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The most compelling aspect of the book would have to be the fact that everyone has a Noise, their thoughts are able to be heard by anyone.
Comments: I didn't really understand the relationship between Viola and Todd. I did not understand why those two were so special to each other, it was an unrealistic relationship.
Did the cover tempt you or reflect the contents of the book: Yes, it did not in the least reflect what the book was about.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 12-15
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I enjoyed this book. I'm curious if Maddie read the first book in the series.

JJC said...

I wondered the same thing - if Maddie read the first one! If so you know why Todd and Viola are so close!!! I thought it was really good.