The Genius Wars

Reader: Charlie Shafer
Age: 16
Title: The Genius Wars
Author: Catherine Jinks
Publisher: Harcourt Children’s Books
Pub Date: sept 2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: Yes
How would you convince us to read the book: I would say that it's an easy read. It keeps you hooked, it's very interesting. If you read the first two then you will like this one as well.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I thought that all of the bad random things happening to him were the most compelling. Who saw a bus crashing through his house coming? I liked it, it kept you on your toes throughout the whole book, you never could relax which is what kept me hooked.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: Page 319 is nonexistent. So, I was disappointed that I didn't know what happened on page 319.
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: No, the cover didn't tempt me to pick it up. There wasn't anything flashy that tempted me really except the name "the Genius Wars" because I read the first two books. Yes, the cover reflected the contents. The boy illustrated on the cover is the main character in the story.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 12-15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: