Hate List

Reader: Payton G
Age: 14
Title: Hate List
Author: Jennifer Brown
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Pub Date: 09/2009
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Annotation: May second, 2008 is a day that all the students at Garvin High will always remember. That was the day that Nick Levil brought a gun to school and shot people who were on the Hate List. Then, he shot the two people who were never on there. Me and him. My name is Valerie Leftman, and this is what happened after I started the Hate List.
Recommend: Yes
How would you convince someone to read the book: I would tell them that it is a really good book about a school shooting, but not like any that they may have read.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The most compelling part, for me, was that the reader got to really hear all the sides of the story. It's kind of rare that you get more than one side, so this was really cool.
Cover: The cover is really cool. It definitely helped me notice the book. I think it reflects the contents fairly well, also.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14-18 and up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it

No comments: