Moonshadow: Rise of the Ninja

Reader: Payton G
Age: 14
Title: Moonshadow: Rise of the Ninja
Author: Simon Higgins
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Pub Date: 06/?/2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: There was a flip-book of a ninja jumping down the pages. I found that more entertaining than the actual plot.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was very disappointed with the book, because it was like a half-hearted novelization of a bad ninja movie. I was so detached with the main character that I only got through ten chapters. I really tried to finish it but it was just so slow paced that I couldn't. Ninja books should never be slow paced. For obvious reasons.
Cover: The cover was definitely distinctive, because it had both light and dark colors and was interesting. However, it looks just like almost any other book about ninjas.
Did you finish: No
Age Range: 12-15
Quality: 2Q Needs more work
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tottaly disagree! It was the best book i have ever read! It was full of so much excitement! I LOVED it! Simon Higgins is a great author and i don't think you should say anything about his books that isn't.."it was great!" or "i loved it" cause thats the only thing i can think about it! And stop critisizing it its a great book and I though that everything about it was wonderful! I would love to see the day when you could make a better book!

Anonymous said...

Yeah it was great i agree with the person up there. I can't stop thinking about it. Soimon when you came to my school i was so excited i got you to sign my book! Its a truely amazing book and i couldn't put it down! Thank-you Simmon for publishing moonshadow and moonshadow2! and now that ur on moonshadow3 i know what i want for my birhday!

Anonymous said...

I dissagree with you, Payton. It was a wonderful book with just the right amount of action. It is the begining of an epic adventure. I have also read number 2 and can't wait for number 3. Maybe you should finish the book before you make your finale jugement.

Anonymous said...

dude you obviously do not know your books. For our reading club we had the australian version of it moonshadow eye of the beast and it wwas the best book the readers club has ever seen he is one of australias best writers and you americans are obsessed with action scenes and that is not the concept of the book. It is all the close calls and experiences that he comes across. Obviously if you think that the flip book is better than i think you should go back to grade 6 and find out what makes a good novel is.

Im from australia and im only 11 so if i have better knowledge of what makes a good book than i think you should get that checked out

Anonymous said...

From Briony from Michigan

I loved this book, and the girl ninja in the story called snowhawk. I hope they make it into a movie real soon or a toon show on tv in that cool japanese look.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you are so wrong about this book! It is the best book I have ever read. Maybe you sould read the whole book.