13 to Life

Reader: Maddie S
Age: 16
Title: 13 to Life
Author: Shannon Delany
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Pub Date: July 2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teen’s Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The fact that this very attractive boy, who should stereotypically be a non-intelligent boy, was in fact a very witty person—oh and he is a werewolf.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was disappointed with the plot. I found it generic and overused. This book is one of many and it didn't have that pizazz other books possessed.
Comments: I thought that this book was only created because the author thought the same type of books (Twilight) became popular. Since this book had the same genre and plot as other books the author had to add on a hot man to spice it up a bit. Of course the hot man would be appealing to a bunch of hormone crazy 16-year-old girls. I was disappointed with this book.
Cover: I found the cover very interesting and mysterious. I really was attracted to the eye with the moon in it.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14-15
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: