The Wide-Awake Princess

Reader: Maita L
Age: 16
Title: The Wide-Awake Princess
Author: E.D. Baker
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's Book
Pub Date: May 2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Comments: I enjoyed how E.D. Baker has tied all those stories together to form another one just as good. I believe that Baker tied the stories very smoothly and everything made sense as it is being read. It also shows the little meanings that shouldn't be forgotten. For example, having a pretty outside doesn't mean the inside looks as good or that flaws can be seen no matter how one tries to hide them because no one really is perfect. Many girls feel ugly and this book shows the good side. Make up is the new magic these days so I felt a lot like Annie because makeup does not work really well with my skin.
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: It's a variation of stories people love, connected to one great one.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I think the most compelling aspect of the book was when Liam brought Annie to his home. I believe this is when the story takes away the little in-betweens and smash out the real story. Also, because it is when the secrets begin to reveal themselves.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was not disappointed with the book.
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: The cover did not tempt me to pick up the book. It did reflect the contents and tempt me to pick it up because it made me wonder what was up with the sleeping girl. But at the same time it looked like it was just thrown together.
Age Range: 12-15
Quality: 4Q Better than most

No comments: