Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

Reader: Kasey M
Age: 15
Title: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
Author: Morgan Matson
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Pub Date: 5/4/10
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: Yes
How would you convince someone to read the book: I would tell them that it is not like most love stories they will read. It is a compelling piece that forces us to look at death and heartbreak in a whole new way.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I believe the most compelling aspect of this book was easily Amy's grief over her dad's death. The imagery was so real; it caused you to feel pain as you read. Death and pain is something everyone can relate to and the words chosen to describe Amy's pain were the perfect ones.
Comments: I was not sure if I enjoyed the visual and notes throughout the book. It did not help me love the story more.
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents: The cover was not the reason why I picked up this book. The colors were a little bland and it seemed like too much of a love story because of the intertwined hands. The road very much so gave a visual reflection of the book yet I believe the people could have been left out.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14-17
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: