Shiver

Reader: Payton G
Age: 14
Title: Shiver
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pub Date: 08/2009
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Annotation: I love the wolves, even though they attacked me once. They each have their own personality. There is one in particular though. The one who watches back. Imagine if he could be human. Just imagine.
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: I would tell them that despite the fact that it is a teen romance novel, it's not very fluffy. And instead of vampires who stalk you at night, it's a new twist on werewolves.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: To me, the most compelling aspect of the book was that it was a romance novel without being sickening. It was un-fluff.
Cover: I love this cover. It tells you about the book without trying to cram the whole plot into a bad picture.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: