Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Reader: Sophie D
Age: 14
Title: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Author: John Green and David Levithan
Publisher: Dutton Books
Pub Date: April 2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teen’s Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince to read book: It's funny, the characters are believable and deep, you can sympathize with them, and the plot is unexpected and well thought out.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I really, really liked the two main characters, and I had to keep reading because I felt so bad for them and I had to find out whether something good would happen to them in the end. I could not put this book down, because I knew that on every page there would be something that would make me laugh out loud, or something that would make me really sad, or something that would make me stop and say "Hey! I feel exactly the same way!"
Were you disappointed with the book at all: The only thing that annoyed me about this book was that in the depressed Will Grayson's part, nothing was capitalized. The sentences would run together in my head and I would get confused. Also, the dialogue was written kind of weird, but sometimes it was okay, because you would know that it was the second Will Grayson's part, not the first.
Did you finish: Yes
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: I love the cover, because it's shiny and pretty, but I don't think it really reflects the contents. Well, I suppose it could be saying that both of their lives kind of exploded.
Age Range: 14-17
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: