Thirst

Reader: Maddie S
Age: 16
Title: Thirst
Author: Christopher Pike
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub Date: Jan 2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teen’s Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The fact that this story is about a vampire, of old and new traditions. The history of old fashioned vampiric myths and new inventive vampire methods. It was a whole jumble of old and new put together.
Comments: I found it dull and lacking spice. It just seemed like too outrageous a plot for me, and when you just about thought it would end, it kept going. Inside this book was packed with things about new found Latino Jesus to Ray Guns!! That sort of plot is so far past some of the bizarre plots I have read. The person required to have read this should have had a more open mind about a book like this.
Convince us to read the book: If you have an open hour do not read it. It takes hours to comprehend.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I didn't read the first book so it was hard for me to actually get into it. When I did, you had to read very thoroughly or you may be left behind. It was a more difficult read because it always left you with more questions than answers, especially if you didn't read the first one.
Did the cover tempt you: I found the cover very seductive and was astounded by the title, so I had to pick it up.
Age Range: 14-15
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest

No comments: