Into the Wild Nerd Yonder

Reader: Elise S
Age: 14
Title: Into the Wild Nerd Yonder
Author: Julie Halpern
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Pub Date: Oct. 2009
Galley: Yes
Did the cover tempt you: I don't think the cover I had was the final cover, because it had a long quote from the book all over it, which I didn't like. However, I doubt they're going to actually use that, and I liked the green polka-dots! The font was perfect too, funky, but not completely wacko.
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: This book is hilarious, refreshing, honest, and AWESOME! The characters are real and very relate-able (especially to geeks like me!) It properly demonstrates the awesomeness of being different, and the difficulties of being one's self. Plus, it makes me REALLY want to play dungeons and dragons.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I loved watching Jessie grow, and becoming attached to her new friends. I am a complete Renaissance Festival person, so those descriptions enchanted me.
Jessie's voice was clear and funny, without resorting to the overly-used heavy sarcasm.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book: I was in no way disappointed with the book.
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: