The Mission

Reader: Maddie S
Age: 16
Title: The Mission
Author: Jason Myers
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub Date: 2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teen’s Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I found the most compelling aspect of the story was that a person can change so rapidly from something so pure like Kaden to something so dark and experienced in a matter of a week. This story seemed to me to almost be real. I loved the reality the book portrayed, as if I were the one experiencing it, as if I were Kaden.
Comments: The story helped me to understand a little more clearly what people in big cities go through daily. It was eye opening and disturbing. I didn't understand the decisions the main character made, why he made them.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was disappointed in the actual plot. I didn't find that I would be interested in it as much as a boy would have been. It only represented a certain jargon of the population of teens: boys—which can be good and bad.
Did you finish: Yes
Did the cover tempt you: I found the cover sort of dark and sad looking, my eyes were immediately drawn to it.
Age Range: 16-17
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: