The Maze Runner

Reader: Maddie S
Age: 16
Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Publisher: Random House
Pub Date: Oct/13/09
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teen’s Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The most compelling aspect would be that this group of boys are being tested beyond their mental capacity. The goal is to realize that there is no actual goal, there is no escape. To escape is to realize you can't escape.
Comments: This story took me a while to understand. I could not fathom that these boys had to realize that there was no escape in order for them to escape. The only way out was to come to terms with oneself. I also admired how the author portrayed these teens—that they could create such a world for themselves. Not many people realize how strong and capable teenagers are at surviving and adapting, except for teens themselves. I loved how James described and detailed everything that was of most interest to me. He really understood on a personal level what I wanted and expected from this book. I got so much more from it then I expected.
Convince us to read the book: This story will really test your emotional capacity, pick it up and run with it.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was not disappointed with this book in the least.
Did the cover tempt you: The actual title of the book I found intriguing and mysterious. I had to know more about such a unique title.
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: