The Secrets We Keep - YA Review by Sophie F



Reader: Sophie F.
Age: 13
Title: The Secrets We Keep
Author: Trisha Leaver
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Pub Date: 04/28/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I liked this book. I thought it was an interesting plot line, but if you aren't a twin, it might not be as significant or as meaningful as it was to me (I have a twin sister). This book seemed especially real to me because I could imagine this happening to me. The character development was okay, but not crazy good. Same with dialogue.
Memorable or Forgettable: I will remember this book because it seemed so real. Except for the storybook ending, I could believe that this actually happened.
Cover: It wasn't so much the cover that tempted me, but the title. The cover photo itself didn't accurately describe the plot or what the book was about.
Age Range: Under 12 through 13
Quality: 4Q - Better than most
Popularity: 3P - Some teen appeal
Additional CommentsThis book was good, but not especially flashy unless you are a twin.


tags: drama / coming of age / ya lit



No comments: