Backlash - YA Review by Dana F



Reader: Dana F.
Age: 13
Title: Backlash
Author: Sarah Darer Littman
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pub Date: 04/28/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book:  Basically this girl tries to kill herself because of some really mean things that someone said on her Facebook page. The repercussions are deadly(no pun intended). I really liked the plot because it was original and unpredictable. The major characters were very developed, as well as the minor characters. That helped hold my attention throughout. This was a very realistic book, too.
Memorable or Forgettable: Like I said, the plot was good. I liked how the posts on Facebook affected all the characters in different ways. I could really relate to the characters, too. I loved how even the bully became a victim after the attempted suicide.
Cover: I was instantly pulled in by the cover. It definitely related to the contents, too.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 4Q - Better than most
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal


tags: coming of age / social media / teen suicide / dysfunctional families / ya lit



No comments: