Zodiac - YA Review by Courtney D



Reader: Courtney D.
Age: 18
Title: Zodiac
Author: Romina Russell
Publisher: Razorbill
Pub Date: 12/09/14
Galley: No
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: Zodiac is a very good pre-teen to early-teen book. It is a very good space adventure story with a unique and interesting plot. It was well paced and the action started from the very beginning. There is also a dynamic and strong female lead which is very important for younger teen girls to be able to read about. My main problem with the book, however, is that it follows the stereotype that since there is a female main character, both the main male characters have to be in love with them. One of the relationships is extremely unlikely and not very appropriate which really bothered me while reading. Other than that, it was a very enjoyable book.
Memorable or Forgettable: Zodiac is not a very memorable book for me.  It was a good book but was aimed at a younger audience. There wasn’t anything in particular that majorly stood out. The plot was good but only got complex at the very end. I would have enjoyed it much more if I was a few years younger, but I think it will be very liked by younger teens. I still hope to read the sequel if given the chance.
Cover: The cover was very effective in getting me to choose the book. The title itself is short and to the point, and gained my interest. The cover was unique and very well designed in order to display the content of the book.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 3Q - Readable
Popularity: 3P - Some teen appeal


tags: science fiction / romance / adventure / mythology / ya lit



No comments: