Hexed: The Sisters of Witchdown - YA Review by Ella O



Reader: Ella O.
Age: 14
Title: Hexed: The Sisters of Witchdown
Author: Michael Alan Nelson
Publisher: Pyr
Pub Date: 05/05/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: I liked how the plot was set out with its twists. I also liked the change shown in Lucifer throughout the story and how she gets a glimpse at a normal life even if she couldn't keep it.
Memorable or Forgettable: The general story was quite enveloping and that, along with the bit of a cliff hanger at the end of the book that hints at a sequel (which I will be watching for), is what makes this book memorable for me.
Cover: I think the cover does reflect the contents of magic with the fire bunny thing. However, if you play up the magic part some more I think it'll be more eye-catching.
Age Range: 14 through 15
Quality: 5Q - Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal
Additional CommentsPlease please please make another book. This story was so exciting to read for me.
Annotation: Lucifer is a thief of unusual things. She steals bad things from bad people and almost everything is involved with magic.


tags: fantasy / magic / suspense / romance / ya lit



No comments: