The Kidney Hypothetical: Or How to Ruin Your Life in Seven Days - YA Review by Courtney D



Reader: Courtney D.
Age: 18
Title: The Kidney Hypothetical: Or How to Ruin Your Life in Seven Days
Author: Lisa Yee
Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books
Pub Date: 03/31/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I almost stopped reading this book after the first chapter, but I am glad I chose to finish it. The book started out on the last week of their senior year, but some of the characters acted like they were in elementary school. The characters were so shallow that I almost stopped reading the book right then and there. However as the book continued, the characters, especially the main character, gained a lot of depth. It was great to see how the he grew and developed in only a week of his life, yet the author managed to make his transition believable. It was a cute book and a quick read that I enjoyed reading (almost) all the way through. The book even made me laugh a few times.
Memorable or Forgettable: The book was not particularly memorable. It was a good book but nothing made it stand out from all the other teen books I've read.
Cover: The cover tempted me to pick up the book. I really liked the stylistic choice of having the main characters drawn on the cover around the title of the book. The title was also very unique and made me immediately curious as to what the book was about.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 4Q - Better than most
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal


tags:  coming of age / ya lit



No comments: