Of Scars and Stardust - YA Review by Courtney D


Reader: Courtney D.
Age: 18
Title: Of Scars and Stardust
Author: Andrea Hannah
Publisher: Flux
Pub Date: 10/08/14
Galley: No
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I got the ending of the book spoiled for me before reading it which greatly affected my experience reading it. However I still enjoyed it. There was a great twist at the end which when told before reading it seemed ridiculous, but by knowing the outcome I was able to find clues throughout the book. It is very hard to talk about this book without spoiling it, but what I will say is that the narration was the highlight. There was an unreliable narrator which made you wonder what was real and what never even happened.
Memorable or Forgettable: This book is definitely memorable. It was one of those books that after reading it you need to reflect on. This book also had an interesting genre. It had romance, mystery, suspense, and a sense of the supernatural. It is nice to find a book that does not just stick itself into one category. For this reason, Of Scars and Stardust is a book that I will remember for a long time.
Cover: I decided to read the book before I saw the cover, so it was not responsible for getting me to pick it up. It is, however, a pretty decent cover. It wouldn't stand out to me if I was just browsing but it reflects a major idea of the book pretty well.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 4Q - Better than most
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal


tags: paranormal / psychological thriller / romance / ya lit



No comments: