We Should Hang Out Sometime - YA Review by Michelle M


Reader: Michelle M.
Age: 16
Title: We Should Hang Out Sometime
Author: Josh Sundquist
Publisher: Little, Brown Books For Young Readers
Pub Date: 12/23/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This book is a series of memoirs written by the author. It has a very strong narrative voice and at times the author will speak directly to the reader. I thought it was a fun read, and I enjoyed all of the stories:  the I-want-to-smack-my-forehead-why-would-you-do-that moments, the laugh out loud moments, and the your-reasoning-is-valid-but-that's-just-not-how-it-works moments. The author told stories of different girls he liked and things he did in trying to win them over in an attempt to see where he went wrong. I felt this was a fun book to read, very lighthearted, and easy to relate to for those who have had rather facepalm-ing moments in trying to be charming.
Memorable or Forgettable: Things I liked the most were the way the author told the stories. He was very clear and detailed, and he elaborated without rambling. I also liked when he spoke directly to the reader as if letting them in on his personal thoughts. It was a fun book to read, and a unique one as well.
Cover: I really liked the cover because I thought it was cute. It's a cute title and the layout of the title/cover made it seem like it would be a fun book to read.
Age Range: 12 through 18 and up
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal
Additional CommentsA very enjoyable book.  I had a fun reading it.


tags:  memoir / humor / relationship analysis / coming of age / ya lit



No comments: