The World Without Us - YA Review by Veronica K



Reader: Veronica K.
Age: 14
Title: The World Without Us
Author: Robin Stevenson
Publisher: Orca Book Publishers
Pub Date: 02/15/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: The plot moved quickly enough, the story made sense. The thing that felt wrong was the characters. I do not really buy the whole Mel and her parent’s relationship. That did not really make sense. And I felt like I was outside the characters. An amazing book takes you along with the characters, inside their heads. This felt more like I was watching from a distance.
Memorable or Forgettable: I think the only reason I will forget it is because this is the third or fourth book I read like this in two or three months. It did not really move me in any way to make it stand out amongst them.
Cover: What? The cover? Oh, yeah. Um, that is a pretty picture. It reflects the contents well.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal


tags:  teen suicide / ya lit




No comments: