Lark Rising - YA Review by Ruby F



Reader: Ruby F.
Age: 14
Title: Lark Rising (Guardians of Tarnec)
Author: Sandra Waugh
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Pub Date: 09/23/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: Lark Rising didn't leave a positive or negative impression after I read it. The wording and detail of the plot was up to standard, but I didn't love the book once it was finished. Lark, the main character, developed a lot throughout the book, but she had this annoying paranoia about a vision she had seen at the beginning of the story that had me a little fed up.
Memorable or Forgettable: The plot of this book was slightly off the beaten path of most plots, but it simply didn't make much of an impression on me. If anything, the ending was a bit predictable.
Cover: I checked out the book because I liked the cover. I think the illustration fit the book contents nicely.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal


tags:  fantasy / romance / destiny / nature magic / Guardians of Tarnec series / ya lit




No comments: