Mortal Gods - YA Review by Ella O



Reader: Ella O.
Age: 13
Title: Mortal Gods
Author: Kendare Blake
Publisher: Tor Teen
Pub Date: 10/14/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: Cassandra is a modern world god killer. In another life she was princess of Troy. Olympus has fallen and gods and goddesses become mortal. Cassandra is working together with Athena, Hermes and a few other heroes. They face off Hera, Aphrodite and Aries in a battle to win back immortality. If you enjoy Greek mythology, this would be a good book for you.
Memorable or Forgettable: I liked the plot line of the story - aside from a few plot points. I also happen to LOVE Greek mythology so this was an interesting twist. I like the weaknesses the author chose for the different gods and goddesses - smart move there.
Cover: I thought that the cover was cool. It did represent Cassandra and Olympus. However, while the cover caught my eye, once I read the blurb on the back I decided to read the book.
Age Range: 14 through 15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal
Additional CommentsShe set the ending up so it would seem there’s going to be another book.  I'll make sure to keep an eye out.


tags:  fantasy / The Goddess War series / Greek mythology / paranormal / romance / ya lit




No comments: