The Young Elites - YA Review by Dana F


Reader: Dana F.
Age: 13
Title: The Young Elites
Author: Marie Lu
Publisher: The Penguin Group
Pub Date: 10/07/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I really loved the descriptions and character development. The point of view made me want to keep reading, too. However, there was a plot twist which left me quite disappointed, and I kept wanting it to fix itself and it didn't. I thought it kind of messed up the entire book.
Memorable or Forgettable: It had a very imaginative and creative setting, and it was filled with detail.
Cover: Yes. It depicted a main symbol from the book, a dagger. I was more interested by the author (I read another of her books) than the artwork, though.
Age Range: 12 through 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it
Additional CommentsAlthough I marked 4Q, you will probably be disappointed and let down at the end.


tags:  fantasy / adventure / mystical powers / ya lit



No comments: