The Rise and Fall of the Gallivanters - YA Review by Katie J



Reader: Katie J.
Age: 14
Title: The Rise and Fall of the Gallivanters
Author: M.J.  Beaufrand
Publisher: Amulet Books
Pub Date: 05/12/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I liked this book a lot. It was a little confusing, which is why I didn't nominate it for a Teens' Top Ten. It was very well thought out, but I think even one extra page explaining the Marr and Ziggy would've made all the difference in the world. Also, knowing who David Bowie is, since they compared one character to him repeatedly, would probably have helped a lot.
Memorable or Forgettable: It was memorable because of the characters. They were all very strong, especially the girls. That made me very happy. Most books just don't have strong females, so that's part of the reason why I liked this book a lot.
Cover: I think the person on the cover reflected the main character very well. I was happy be able to see what he looked like when things were happening to him, like his nose ring getting pulled out or his hair getting cut.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal


tags:  mystery / ya lit




No comments: