Paper Things - YA Review by Pazao L



Reader: Pazao L.
Age: 14
Title: Paper Things
Author: Jennifer Richard Jacobson
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Pub Date: 02/10/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I did not like this book and would not recommend it unless you enjoy reading books that are a little too easy to read. It was a simple read that took me not too long to finish. I felt like all the main character did was either complain, talk, or not do anything at all. I felt like she was not really well developed and wasn't complete. The other characters were okay. They also weren't very well developed and weren't explained much in the book unless they were very important. I also felt like this story was written more towards younger children with a young adult topic.
Memorable or Forgettable: Something that was memorable about this book was the fact that the main topic of the story was how it felt like to be homeless and how it felt like to not have a permanent home. It made me feel like I was actually going through what they went through and their experiences were quite sad and heart-breaking. It made me look at people in a different light and not judge people at a first glance. You never know what a person could have gone through and this story made me understand that.
Cover: The cover was actually the thing that made me pick the book up and check it out. I really like the cover and it really relates to the contents.
Age Range: Under 12 through 13
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal


tags:  contemporary fiction / homelessness / ya lit




No comments: