Falling Into Place - YA Review by Sophie L


Reader: Sophie L.
Age: 13
Title: Falling into Place
Author: Amy Zhang
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Pub Date: 9/09/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I thought that this was a very thoughtful book. The plot is a stereotypical high school mean girl who commits suicide and the reasons why she does this. I loved how it switched from present to past. That reminded me of If I Stay and other books that I've read, so it wasn't the most original story but I liked the way it was told. The narrator was very surprising - I was guessing who it was until the very end. The whole book shows that even the meanest people also have issues that can possibly cause them to commit suicide. One thing I didn't like was the ending. I thought that with so much sadness in the book the ending should also be sad, but it was not.
Memorable or Forgettable:  Who the narrator was is memorable to me, as well as the topic of suicide, which is hard to forget.
Cover: I think that the cover fit the book well, but not great.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal


tags:  bullying / suicide / ya lit



No comments: