Killer Instinct (The Naturals) - YA Review by Simon D-S



Reader: Simon D-S
Age: 14
Title: Killer Instinct (The Naturals)
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Pub Date: 11/4/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: This book had a very good construction. The characters all had multiple dimensions, allowing for growth and change throughout the book. The plot moved well, seamlessly transitioning from one lead to another. I honestly had a hard time turning to homework when reading this.
Memorable or Forgettable: This will always be one of my favorite series, constantly giving me a good mystery to sink into. I love the way that the book gives me a way to learn about serial killers and also ride the plot.
Cover: I loved the cover, as it implied both violence and mystery.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal
Annotation: The Naturals survived a serial killer with victims mimicking Cassie's mother. Now, they have something worse on their hands: a killer mimicking Dean's father.


tags:  mystery / serial killers / The Naturals series / ya lit




No comments: