Guilty?: Crime, Punishment, and the Changing Face of Justice - YA Review by Veronica K


Reader: Veronica K.
Age: 14
Title: Guilty?: Crime, Punishment, and the Changing Face of Justice
Author: Teri Kanefield
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Pub Date: 11/04/14
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This was nonfiction (but you probably knew that). It seemed very well researched and well presented. It moved very smoothly and made sense. If it were me, I would have put more of my opinion in it, but the whole "these are the facts, what do you think" thing worked. Nonfiction can be good, or it can crash and burn. This was good.
Memorable or Forgettable: The real life situations made it memorable. I am against pointless things right now, and the real life made it have a point. It made sense, and that helped its cause.
Cover: Wait- it has a cover?! Oh yeah. It does. Well, it reflects the contents. I picked it up to annoy my Social Studies teacher. I would not know if it turns people off or not.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal


tags:  non-fiction / American justice system / ya lit



No comments: