Mindblind

Reader: Payton G.
Age: 14
Title: Mindblind
Author: Jennifer Roy
Publisher: Marshall Cavendish
Pub Date: 10/01/2010
Galley: Yes
Recommend: Yes
How would you convince someone to read the book: I would say that it is about a boy with Asperger's Syndrome, who is on a quest to become a genius. On the way, he has to learn how to fit in and be himself at the same time.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I most liked that the main character was a total nerd. I always enjoy truly nerdy characters, especially those who make equations in their heads, such as this one. Cover: The cover is really interesting, and was what drew me to the book, but I don't think it reflected the contents of the book very well. Yeah, the main character plays the keyboard, but this doesn't play a major enough role, in my opinion, to be the only thing on the cover.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: