Lord Sunday

Reader: GuananĂ­
Age: 14
Title: Lord Sunday
Author: Garth Nix
Publisher: Scholastic
Pub Date: 3/2010
Galley: No
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: If you have read the other six books, this is a very satisfying ending to the series without being too happy or leaving any major loose ends. It was better than I expected and an enjoyable read.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The most compelling thing to me about this series is the complexity of the House and all its systems, random magical objects and fascinating inhabitants. There are a lot of interesting and original characters who move the story along and make you care about the fate of their world. Even though there are some minor characters who are cooler and more interesting than Arthur, the protagonist, this adds to the story rather than taking away from it.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was very satisfied with this book, especially the well planned ending. I was not at all disappointed, though at first I thought I would be just because that seems to happen with many long series.
Cover: The cover matched the other six books and also reflected the contents of the book. I picked it up because I instantly recognized the cover as The Keys to the Kingdom series, and was curious to how Garth Nix would end such a long story.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 12-15
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: