Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

Reader: John D
Age: 16
Title: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
Author: Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Publisher: Random House
Pub Date: 10/26/2010
Galley: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: It's an incredibly sweet and touching book and is guaranteed to make you say "awwwww." This book also manages to stay fresh when so many other romantic texts fall into time worn patterns that destine them for obscurity.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The most compelling aspect of the book for me was the two different character plot lines that continued through the book together. I loved knowing what was going on to one character while the other was trapped by doubt.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: This book most definitely did NOT disappoint! I loved every page and actually reread it in the month that I had the galley. If there was one flaw it was in the ending which seemed to almost come out too well. However this is up for debate and all in all it is a fantastic read.
Cover: The cover intrigued me but didn't really draw me in. It did reflect the contents however. Now that I have finished it I can reflect on the cover more fondly.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: