Linger

Reader: Payton G.
Age: 14
Title: Linger
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pub Date: 07/??/2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Annotation: Sam and Grace thought they had worked everything out. They had cured Sam, or so it seems, and it looked to be happily ever after. But all that changes when Grace becomes suddenly ill, and a new wolf who doesn't seem to obey the laws of shifting appears. What will disappear? And what will linger?
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: You really only need to say that it's the sequel to Shiver. If you read Shiver, and liked it, then you should read this, as it's the continuation of the story.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I liked that all the werewolf business became logical in this book. Maggie managed to think up scientific explanations for werewolfism, and that made me so happy. A lot of the time with cross-species dating, it's just "Oh, a mythical creature, I think I'm in love!" But with this it was actually grounded in logic. Nice change from the status quo.
Were you disappointed with the book at all: The ending disappointed me, but only because I've never been one for cliffhangers. I like instant gratification with books, not long, drawn out waits between them.
Cover: I like the cover. I liked the cover for Shiver also, and with this one, you can tell their part of the same series. I think it was a reflection of both the mood, and to some extent the contents.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: