Amy and Rogers Epic Detour

Reader: Maita L
Age: 16
Title: Amy and Rogers Epic Detour
Author: Morgan Matson
Publisher: Simon&Schuster
Pub Date: 2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Convince us to read the book: Teenage issues, kind of cliché, but written in a realistic and interesting way.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: The most compelling aspect of the book is when Amy drove again. I believe that, that was the turning point when she could trust herself again and because she changed she was able to get much further in her life and with Roger.
Comments: I love the structure of this book. Matson uses pictures to capture moments and even added music lists to make the detour realistic, therefore putting the reader in a spot where they actually feel like they are in the book.
Cover: I guess you could say that the cover tempted me to pick up to the book. I actually just really liked the font used on the cover so I decided to pick it up.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book at all: I was not disappointed with the book.
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: