The Tear Collector

Reader: Charlie S
Age: 15
Title: The Tear Collector
Author: Jones, Patrick
Publisher: Walker & Company
Pub Date: 09/NL/09
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Convince us to read the book: This book is a new twist to vampires. It's a new type of vampires, the kind that don't harm people.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I found how the "FAMILY" got their energy from tears not from blood, and how the members of the Family could save a life of another by a transfer of energy.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book for any reason: While I was reading the book I felt that the story was forced. The words didn't flow off of the page smoothly. The plot was good, the idea was very good and interesting but I just felt that the writing was forced. Also, at the end of the book where Cassandra called Brittney so we were assuming that Cassandra was going to kill this girl because they didn't exactly get along. That is just very unjustified in my eyes. I can understand what everyone was feeling when they found out that Brittney started the rumors but to take her life because she unintentionally tipped the first domino. It's high school, rumors and girls dumping on girls happens. Of course you could point fingers. If anything it was Robyn's fault. She should not have taken a high school break up that seriously, it's not like they were going to get married.
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents: The cover did not tempt me to pick up the book. I usually don't judge a book by its cover. The cover is the first thing that I see but 'm probably going to read the book whether or not I like the cover. The cover and the book had similarities. The book tells of a vampire that lives off of the energy of tears, but I don't know which character is on the cover crying.
Age Range: 12-18 and up
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest

No comments: