Surface Tension

Reader: Payton G
Age: 13
Title: Surface Tension
Author: Brent Runyon
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
Pub Date: 03/10/2009
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: No
Compelling Aspect of the Book: To me, the most compelling aspect of the book was that we got to see Luke growing, personality-wise. Each summer, he gets a little edgier, a little angstier, like a real teen. I thought that that was cool.
Did you finish: Yes
Did cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: The cover really didn't make me like or dislike the book. It did sort of reflect the contents, but I think it would have been better if it was four pictures of the same lake. I think this because the idea of the book is that the lake is the main character, Luke's constant. It stays the same for the four summers that we see him go there.
Age Range: 14-15, 16-17
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal

No comments: