The Court of Fives - YA Review by Dana F



Reader: Dana F.
Age: 14
Title: The Court of Fives
Author: Kate Elliott
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Pub Date: 08/18/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I really liked the setting because it was creative and detailed, and the characters because they had depth and were all pretty well developed. The plot points, however, were a bit lacking. There were several different things going on, the Fives, some magical elements, family drama, and romance that were never really tied together. It felt like a bunch of random points were just thrown in.
Memorable or Forgettable: I really liked the idea of this book, but I felt like it wasn't very well executed. It was kind of confusing and a lot of the time I was wondering why that whole part was necessary. I thought this book was about something other than what was given to me.
Cover: I like the colors and design of the cover. It sort of reflected the contents.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 2Q - Needs more work
Popularity: 4P - Broad general teen appeal


tags: fantasy / adventure / ya lit



No comments: