No True Echo - YA Review by Sam T



Reader: Sam T.
Age: 16
Title: No True Echo
Author: Gareth P. Jones
Publisher: Amulet Books
Pub Date: 10/13/15
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I really liked the twists and the interesting idea of having alternate timelines created by going back in time and changing one decision. I also liked the characterization and the suspenseful plot. Although it was very confusing and hard to understand in parts, the book is still a good, entertaining read.
Memorable or Forgettable: It was mostly memorable because it took the genre of a time-travel story and the trope of repeating the same day over and over (like in Groundhog Day) and did something interesting and slightly unexpected with it.
Cover: It sort of turned me off at first because I didn't quite know what it was supposed to show. I understand the echo-like design and the repetition, but I don't know why the main character is floating. I don't understand the design choices completely.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 4Q - Better than most
Popularity: 3P - Some teen appeal


tags: psychological thriller / time travel / ya lit



No comments: