The Loop - YA Review by Claire W.


Reader: Claire W.
Age: 12
Title: The Loop
Author: Shandy Lawson
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Pub Date: 04/30/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: Yes
Convince us to read the book: One thing I liked most about this book is that you get hooked very fast. There is no beating around the bush -- you get straight to the beginning of the plot. I also thought the plot was very strong and different. Also, I am not a fan of sci-fi, but I loved this book.
Memorable or Forgettable:  I liked how you were on the same page as Ben, because he didn't know/remember anything about the loop.
Cover: I liked the clock and the cover; it drew me in.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it
Annotation: The Loop is about a boy named Ben and a girl named Maggie. They are stuck on a loop -- a loop is like a rock in time -- and a certain event keeps repeating itself. Maggie remembers all the previous loops, but Ben doesn't. Slowly, as Ben starts to remember, he decides that the best option would be to try to change up the loop in any way possible. So he and Maggie are on a mission to change fate itself.

tags: science fiction / time travel / contemporary / adventure / mystery / fantasy / thriller / romance / ya lit



No comments: