So Much It Hurts - YA Review by Emily L.


Reader: Emily L.
Age: 16
Title: So Much It Hurts
Author: Monigue Polak
Publisher: Orca Book Publishers
Pub Date: 09/01/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: I really was't a big fan of this book. It was just extremely slow moving & didn't really have a point. I think that if it had been better planned then it could have been a great book but in all honesty, it was just horrible. I feel bad raosting on a book about an abusive relationship but the only good thing about this book was the ending, & even that wasn't that great. Yeah, I really hated this book.
Memorable or Forgettable: This is a book that I will probably forget about within a couple of months. The story line was extremely bland & the whole book just didn't really have a point. The plot had great potential & I feel that if she were to rewrite it & maybe take a bit more time on it, it'd be a wonderful book.
Cover: The cover actually did make me want to read the book. I picked up the book & saw the cover & got really excited to read the book. Too bad it let me down.
Age Range: 16 through 18 and up
Quality: 2Q Needs more work
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest

tags: realistic fiction / sociology / abuse  / ya lit




No comments: