So Much It Hurts - YA Review by Madeline L.


Reader: Madeline L.
Age: 12
Title: So Much It Hurts
Author: Monique Polak
Publisher: Orca Book Publishers
Pub Date: 09/01/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: This book was interesting. I felt like it gave me an interesting perspective on abusive relationships; it has a really interesting quality. I think it would still be a good read and I recommend reading it, but don't get your hopes up.
Memorable or Forgettable: I feel like the author tried to put too much into this book, like teenage trouble, growing up, and being abused . . . but it was an okay story. I feel like it is was a good plot with lots of potential but was rushed. There were many good parts, that if they were worked out, it could be a really great book.
Cover: I liked the cover; I feel like it connected to the girl and I appreciated that.
Age Range: 14 through 17
Quality: 3Q Readable
Popularity: 2P Only for special interest

tags: realistic fiction / sociology / abuse  / ya lit






No comments: