Dare Me - YA Review by Madeline L.


Reader: Madeline L.
Age: 12
Title: Dare Me
Author: Eric Devine
Publisher: Running Press Kids
Pub Date: 10/08/13
Galley: Yes
Top 25: No
Convince us to read the book: No. Not well written, not at all. What it is supposed to be about -- the explanation is very bad, and I just feel sad and bad when I think about this book. It had so much potential.
Memorable or Forgettable: Nothing really surprising happened. I felt like I read the ending before the beginning, because I new exactly what was going to happen.
Cover: It relates to a bit of the book a bit, but I don't like it. The title is good, but it doesn't actually relate that much to the book.
Age Range: 12 through 15
Quality: 1Q How did it get published?
Popularity: 1P Yech! Forced to read it
Annotation: Not a good book. It takes the first half of the book to even get into the dares they plan on doing, and the dares are stupid, not even about what it is supposed to be. It just seems to be about high school troubles.

tags: realistic fiction / contemporary / ya lit




No comments: