Truancy Origins

Reader: Payton G
Age: 14
Title: Truancy Origins
Author: Isamu Fukui
Publisher: Tor
Pub Date: 03/2009
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teen’s Top 10: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Annotation: On an ordinary night in the City, fifteen years ago, a little girl sat in the Mayor's office, and charged him with possibly the worst thing to be in this City, where education is absolute. A parent. Now, the boys are about to find out exactly why they are treated like nothing. Can Umasi and Zen save the City from its schools?
How would you convince someone to read the book: I would first check and see if they had read Truancy, because none of this would make sense unless they had. Assuming they answer yes, I would simply have to tell them that it talks about Zyid and Umasi (both of whom are total ninjas!) and they would probably snatch it from my hands. If they answer no, I would tell them that they must read Truancy first.
Compelling Aspect of the Book: To me, the coolest thing was that I got to see the stories and development of both the main characters into who they are in Truancy (meaning total ninjas.)
Did you finish: Yes
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: I loved the cover. It is so awesome! It really does reflect the book, without trying to put the entire plot into one picture. I would be very mad if the cover was changed.
Age Range: 12-17
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 5P Everyone wants to read it

No comments: