The Dead-Tossed Waves

Reader: Megan W
Age: 17
Title: The Dead-Tossed Waves
Author: Carrie Ryan
Publisher: Delacorte
Pub Date: 05/09/2010
Galley: Yes
Nominate for Teens’ Top 10: No
Recommend: Yes
Convince to read book: This book is a sequel to The Forest of Hands and Teeth, but you don't need to read the first to understand this one, though it would definitely be helpful. This book is about zombies, and while I don't in any way enjoy zombies, this book, to me, was very good and well written. In a post-zombie-apocolyptic world, how do you survive?
Compelling Aspect of the Book: To me the most interesting part of the book was the fact that it is post-apocolyptic. For some reason those types of stories fascinate me. In a world overrun by zombies the surviving people do whatever it takes to stay alive.
Did you finish: Yes
Were you disappointed with the book at all: This book was, as I stated earlier, well written. I found it very captivating. Though it was a bit slow in the beginning, once things got going I couldn't stop reading. Even though the book has zombies in it, there were times when I would forget, and I liked that.
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: The cover, to me, was nothing special. Don't get me wrong, I still like it. And it did its job; I picked up the book. I just find the colors a bit boring and dull.
Quality: 4Q Better than most
Popularity: 3P Some teen appeal
Comments: There better be a sequel

No comments: