Hush, Hush

Reader: Briana G
Age: 16
Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pub Date: 10/13/09
Galley: Yes
Recommend: Yes
Compelling Aspect of the Book: I thought the plot was well thought out and I enjoyed the subplots throughout the book, and how the whole book is like a giant puzzle where you get seemingly random details, but as soon as you get to the end they make perfect sense. I thought the characters were well developed and were made even more excellent in the fact that the characters were not perfect, and the book even emphasized their flaws. Too many books end up trying to make characters that are perfect, but that's not how life is, and I think that this makes it seem more like it doesn't take someone perfect to play hero.
Did the cover tempt you and/or reflect the contents of the book: I thought the cover was beautiful. The tattered wings on the falling angel drew me in and made me wonder why he was falling. I liked how the colors that were in the 'light of heaven' tinted her with a dark red, but the rest were black. The cloudy background and the color/font of the title all added to the tone of the book, it set the mood perfectly. It didn't give away too much of the book, but showed just enough to make me curious.
Did you finish: Yes
Age Range: 14-18 up
Quality: 5Q Hard to imagine a better book
Popularity: 4P Broad general teen appeal

No comments: